• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recklessnova
    replied
    Re: Sand Blasting Tip(s)

Just something to try
    I was having a problem of clogging at my gun. media would get all the way to where it enters the gun and clog like mad with anything larger then fine media. I looked at it and saw that the air jet covered part of the media inlet. now if this were a siphon gun I know why it needs that but being a pa blaster it does not need that to work. what i did was cut about half of the air jet tip off with a hack saw so it gave the media a nice clean path to get to the tip of the gun. Works great now I wanted to see how well and didnt even sift the media (med grit amberblast) and no clogging problems at the gun at all
    works like a champ
    Josh
    oh yea sears sells the dee blast gun also I think i will pick up one sometime for that carbide tip or maybe the cambel/husky gun

Leave a comment:

• jfavel
    replied

Do you have any of the deeblast guns now? I haven't used mine in a long time since I never found a gun that worked decent with small enough tips. I have 19CFM available, can I get a carbide tip for this gun that I can use with my current compressor?

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Awesome Josh!.. I have used mine a little this year but not as much as the last two years..

I have been using a buddys cabinet in his garage and powdercoating parts like mad in all sorts of colors for a "FREE" Mini Honda Chopper project..

I was out of work (layed off like 1/2 the world) for 7 months.. and got a ton of details done on it.. But now finding time for the project is scarce.. the new job pays well and is 120% labor intensive.. I'm usually out the door at 7AM and home anywhere near 9-10PM.. weekends with 4 kids? Bah!

Like any project you either have no money and all the time in the world or all the money in the world and no time..

But hey enjoy these 50 videos on the little Chopper if you like.. the first one is an intro video I made ripping apart a movie to make the bad-guys WIN..

LINK:
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I'll be back on it god knows when.. But as it draws closer to winter my house needs work to prepare for it first.. just did a new roof, rebuilt the front room, etc.. We had a really bad ice storm last year and that left many homes damaged and without power for 7 days.. My neighbor lost the chimney clean off the side of his house!

Keep BLASTING!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• recklessnova
    replied

I just finished mine (pablaster)based on your plans anyway changed a few things but it works great
    Josh

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Did anybody build one lately??

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Thanks Jim.. been kickin (_!_) on the Fiero project lately and I always end up back at caswell..

Always something to find/share here..

I so need to get into powdercoating my stuff on my own its not even FUNNY!..

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Its a dual-line system using a gun that can work in and outside of a cabinet with specific line sizes and pressures that controls 2 atmospheres with one adjustment.

Meaning you can blast anywhere between 40-psi to 120-psi out the gun.. doesnt matter.. and it WONT clog unless you put used media in the tank without cleaning it first..

The gang has made this thing in everything from old compressor tanks, water tanks, beer kegs, PVC pipe.. name it! (almost full in pics)

There is also three sets of cabinet designs from wood a ring-roller, hip-bender, tool mounting, table ideas.. and more..

Sorry if I sound like a salesman. Not what I'm here for.. I just reply to blasting and oven building posts.. Oh yeah and Hotrod STUFF! - I spent 9 months in a wheelchair because of a car accident designing and testing this thing by taking it apart and starting over a good 20 times if not more...

The DeeBlast Guns are $74 delivered, Best part is the side feed and the bigger valve to let more air out.. It's TWICE any Husky/CH Gun you will ever use and eats the Jap Guns for LUNCH.. LOVE MINE !

EXAMPLE:

My Epay is a 940.. Why??
    Last edited by BerkelUSA; 05-03-2006, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ViperTX
    replied

Howdy to everyone.

BerkelUSA....your pablaster...is that a gun or a cabinet? Any pics?

Thanks,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• sdold
    replied

I second the carbide nozzle recommendation, I have been using one for about 6 months several times a week and I'm still waiting for it to show signs of wear. I paid $70 for the nozzle and air jet and it still has paid for itself a couple of times at least.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• zgcfab
    replied

ya guys that PA blaster works i built one this weekend no cloging and no feed problems. just a note

thanks rob

erik zgcfab

Leave a comment:

• datadawg
    replied

Heavykote,
    where did you get the carbide nozzle from? I am building a new blaster and want to get rid of the cheap steel nozzle setup.

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Kote checkout http://dee-blast.com they have a cool side feed gun (i sell them now too), Thing is that they are pricey!

Just bought a dozen for the gang (second batch)

Rob

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Originally posted by Heavykote
    Hey Rob are you asking me? If so then It's not. I have the Cyclone PK36 sandbast cabinet. I got it before I knew what I needed. Guess what? That freakin plastic thing works like you wouldn't believe. I've done evrything in it and I steadily use coal slag with no problem.
    BTW a good tip: I hit the sandblaster cabinets manufacturer and bought the carbide nozzles for $30 bucks a piece. Great deal!
    Gotcha.. Would love to make some in Titanium with say a 1" longer length and a rifled inside and see what that did..

Like a rifle.. straight-shot, swirling air and media.. WOW!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Heavykote
    replied

Hey Rob are you asking me? If so then It's not. I have the Cyclone PK36 sandbast cabinet. I got it before I knew what I needed. Guess what? That freakin plastic thing works like you wouldn't believe. I've done evrything in it and I steadily use coal slag with no problem.
    BTW a good tip: I hit the sandblaster cabinets manufacturer and bought the carbide nozzles for $30 bucks a piece. Great deal!

Leave a comment:

• BerkelUSA
    replied

Was this my PA Blaster setup??, You didnt say..

Sure sounds like it...

Thanks either way..

Rob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X