How much of your work is comprised of Fences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of your work is comprised of Fences

I was wondering in the Powder Coating business, how much of the work you get is doing fence components. Panels, gates and posts.

With the import materials already finished gaining popularity in the fence industry I just wondered how that would affect the average PC shop.

I'm really interested in the Poweder Coating business and I'm starting to look at it from all angles.

Re: How much of your work is comprised of Fences

A friend of mine does fences and railing. He charges by the foot not sure what he gets. I would say it is about 80% of his work.

Comment

out here on the coast they build the fence sections in 6 and 8 foot lenths..both alum and iron...ya need a good size oven and something to move the heavy suckers with....I've been charging the local here about 350 to 500 $$ for doing them depending on the graphics he uses on his fences and gates...but the again...I'm the only game in a 150+ mile area to have pc done.I hate fences...........
      Pro-Tech Powder Coating
      93976 Ocean Way
      541-247-8168
      [email protected]
      Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

I hate Fences too! But pays the bills. I just finished a section for a customer consiting of 1200' of pipe, 17 6x6 steel columns, 34 end plates. Oh, he wanted the pipes to be removable, just in case he wanted to get something through there. So each pipe can be removed by pushing a Snap-Lock. Turned out pretty nice, but a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
        X