Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brutal efficiency....

Originally posted by boink
    I use the D-Zolve 1012 from solvent kleene. It does the trick pretty well. Its a little pricey though..
    It wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have to buy 5 gallons at a time!

I am having trouble talking myself into spending more than $200 (after shipping is included) to see if I like it. Would be nice to try it out first in a smaller quantity.

Comment

This works best for me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mtumbleson
        This works best for me.
        Sanding... no thanks. I have better things to do with my time.

And what happens when you have intricate parts with lots of groove and such.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker
          Sanding... no thanks. I have better things to do with my time.

" What is the most brutally efficient method YOU use to remove stubborn finishes from your parts, "

I'd like to know what it is, and have it for everyone to see, to avoid spending an entire day [email protected] around with 2 stinkin parts like i did.

I've never used anything else, works great and gets it done in no time. Speaking of time, I have better things to do than standing around waiting for paint stripper to do its thing, or better yet trying several things that don't work at all.... (You're the one that wasted an entire day, and you're lecturing me about time, give me a break!)

BTW you did ask what "we" used, I tell you and you come off with an attitude like that, your the one that wasted a day on something that would have taken a few minutes to fix...
          Last edited by mtumbleson; 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtumbleson
            I've never used anything else, works great and gets it done in no time. Speaking of time, I have better things to do than standing around waiting for paint stripper to do its thing, or better yet trying several things that don't work at all.... (You're the one that wasted an entire day, and you're lecturing me about time, give me a break!)

BTW you did ask what "we" used, I tell you and you come off with an attitude like that, your the one that wasted a day on something that would have taken a few minutes to fix...
            Excuse me, but I think you should learn to quote... since I never said that. Go back and look... try again buddy.

My point was that with many parts I do, I cannot use a sander. Do you understand that? There are way to many crooks and crannies to get into... a sand just wouldnt do the trick.

I bet you would spend more than 30 min of sanding on many parts I do... 30 min dip in a stripper and its done. And I can do other things at the same time. Thats called time management.

Comment

I have used all the methods mentioned and a few more. Sometimes a combination of them depending on the part. I've found that no one way will work best with all applications. There are just too many coating types and different substrates to make it a possibility.

Comment

"Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King
                --
                Lance Caswell
                Caswell Inc
                http://www.caswellplating.com
                Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Please support the moderators on our site by leaving reputation for their helpful posts. Read more here.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker
                  Excuse me, but I think you should learn to quote... since I never said that. Go back and look... try again buddy.

My point was that with many parts I do, I cannot use a sander. Do you understand that? There are way to many crooks and crannies to get into... a sand just wouldnt do the trick.

I bet you would spend more than 30 min of sanding on many parts I do... 30 min dip in a stripper and its done. And I can do other things at the same time. Thats called time management.
                  Your right, my bad I thought you started the thread.

But you are wrong one one part, I don't spend that kind of time stripping parts...

Comment

Working...
                  X