Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing?

How do you guys price jobs? I am just starting to do some pc'ing and just wanted to get some input from others on how they price jobs. I will mainly be doing car and motorcycle parts for the most part. I did get my hands on a few price sheets for places doing similar to what I will be doing, just planning on taking those and coming up with some composite from the few I have. Any other advice or input would be awesome.

Jason
    StreetStyleCustoms.com

Re: Pricing?

I did similar to what your doing. I got several price sheets from other companies and after doing a few pieces figured what the market would bear around my area. I am a little below the price lists I got off the net. It's important not to forget the prep to PC a part and charge as extra. I've barely broke even no a couple of jobs due to misjudging the prep. Best of luck. SS

Comment

So what do you consider prep? Do you charge extra for the sandblasting and cleaning?

Comment

Prep to me is anything more than degreasing and hanging the part to shoot. Blasting or vatting is extra. The older parts are the worst.
        SS

Comment

Originally posted by sswee
          I did similar to what your doing. I got several price sheets from other companies and after doing a few pieces figured what the market would bear around my area. I am a little below the price lists I got off the net. It's important not to forget the prep to PC a part and charge as extra. I've barely broke even no a couple of jobs due to misjudging the prep. Best of luck. SS
          Been there and done that, i try to remind myself i'm trying to make some money and not give it away....
          Jeff B.
          Instructions for riding a Warrior: 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch and put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5) {VERY IMPORTANT!!} HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin, and an evil smile resembling the "Joker".

Comment

If you haven't already, it's a really good idea to write a business plan. The plan will show you how much business you need, and how much you need to charge, to make a profit. It can also help secure financing if you ever want to expand. You can also refer back to the plan every month or so to check how your doing against your plan and make adjustments to your strategy if necessary.

There's a great free tool at http://www.cbsc.org/ibp/home_en.cfm

It'll take an evening or two to go through it all.
            --
            Lance Caswell
            Caswell Inc
            http://www.caswellplating.com
            Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Please support the moderators on our site by leaving reputation for their helpful posts. Read more here.

Comment

I screwed myself twice... I sure try not to do it anymore.

Experience is my way of pricing. Do it once... and adjust if you need to for the next time.

But, this is more a hobby for me to make a little extra money... nothing more.
              Last edited by mtnbiker; 02-09-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X