What CFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What CFM

Does anyone know what kind of cfm from the fan in a 5'w x 6'd x 7'h oven should use? Trying to decide what size pulley to use for the fan shaft.

Thanks in advance Dee!

Re: What CFM

100 to 150 CFM should be more than enough. 100 CFM would turn the air over 28.5 times an hour, 150 CFM 48.8 times an hour.
    IMHO

Comment

Thanks Popeye! I have been trying to find a formula on the internet with no luck.I was hoping to buy a pulley that would get me close to the cfm I needed. The pulleys are alittle pricey($15 to $25 per pulley) and would hate to spend alot of money trying to get close. Thanks alot for your help,you are the only one that seems to want to help and I thank you for that!!!!!

Dee

Comment

You are more than welcome
        There's lots of members happy to help I'm sure.

Just be sure when you size the fan blade that you take into account the operating temperature. Better yet look at the fan curve. You could probably get away with a direct drive motor blade combination as long as you add a couple heat slings on the shaft outside of the oven. Most of the smaller motors are shaded pole... with those you can use a reostat to control the speed.

Comment

Working...
        X