X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickleboy
    replied
    Re: Slots and JB Weld?

no it wont be a problem i can fill them or solder them up and smooth out.

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

pickleboy,
    i couldnt get to your pictures, it says they were inaccessible. Did youhappen to look at my pictures, do you think the small holes will case a problem?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

i thouhgt it mught be the welding but it looks like i good penetraction the whole way up. as long as the powder wont be effected by it i dont care.

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied

here are the sample colors for you bro.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cliffg...61.jpg&.src=ph
    the first is the super chrome with clear and the other 2 are the candy apple red over the super chrome. the red looks more orange than it really is. the outside sun was very bright and the camera picked up more glare makeing it look kinda orange.
    also keep in mind that these pieces are a rough iron clamp half so the finish on your cleaner will be smoother.

Leave a comment:

• JeffL
    replied

Maybe you didn't get good penetration of the weld at those pionts.It would be easy to grind the weld right off if it were superficial.......just a thought

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

i took your advice and made the top holes bigger, looks much better too. came accross something that while grinding and sanding that hopefully wont cause a problem but might. along where i welded and grinded down some vey small holes appeared. i filled most of them in with jb weld and sanded it down but you can still see them but most are filled in good. i put some pictures up on my website of them. will they be filled in by the powder? (after i took the pictures i put some more jb weld at the tip to fill in the other holes that are in the picture).

http://community.webshots.com/album/548933779TAFlBP
    remember thatthe pictures of the holes are very close, which is why they look so big.

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

no nothing is going in the holes. i plan on putting in a strand of LED's so at night it glows from the holes. There are 3 holes on each of the 8 sides, each getting bigger as it nears the base. Thanks for the help again.

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied

well since the powder only builds to about 3 mils. and for a chrome base and candy top it would be around 5-6 mils. the 1/8 should be ok. if concerned open them up to 3/16 or 5/32 just to be sure. is something going in the holes? if so it may be best to put plugs in them.

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

another question, i made the slots and decided they didnt look right. So i making another one with just holes in it, how small can the holes be without filling in? the top hole on it is about an 1/8" i diameter. i just want to make sure that it wont get filled in because it wont look right if it does.

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied

in my opinion i dont care for the chromes they are great bases and i have yet to try the new extreme chrome. but my impression is when cleared they all basically are a very shiney silver.

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

when you shoot the steel piece as a sample, take a picture of the super chrome too along with the candy red. I'm not sure what color to get the bracket/elbow done in, its either between gloss black or chrome powder. How does the chrome powder look compaired with regular chrome plating?

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

alright thanks, sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied

i am about to shoot a new part for a budy and will take pictures of it. it is on polished aluminum so it may not be true color but if your part is steel i will shoot a piece of steel over super chrome and post for you to decide.

Leave a comment:

• lsw11
    replied

thanks for all your help. As time gets closer for me to sending the part out i'll contact you. Maybe the candy red you have might be the way to go with the color. Do you have any pictures of a part with it?

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied

the clear would be a preferance thing it may cause a build up in the slots to shoot 3 coats so th 2 will be best. trans red is a good top coat and if it is waxed just like any other finish it will be fine. as for the tint i cant say for sure i have never shot trans red i have a powder from tiger drylac that is a candy apple red that os nice and deep red but can get the trans red if that is the color you are lookin for. search the colors and see if there is an actual picture of trans red and see what you think.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X