Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold PC ?'s

Hi,

I am brand new to these forums and to powder coating. I do not own a gun yet, but plan to buy a caswell kit in the near future. The main reason I want to get this is because I have an intake manifold that I would like to try putting a chrome pc on to get as close as I can to a polished look. There are many other things that I know I will be using it on, but this is the real "hook".

The intake I will be doing is a edelbrock victor jr. for a 302 ford motor. I am slightly concerned with how easy of a project this will turn out to be. I know that the pc will fill some of the minor imperfections in the surface of the material, but what I haven't been able to find is whether or not I will get a smooth finish over the casting of the intake. Can anyone give me any advice or post any pictures of a pc job over a edelbrock intake that was not prepped? Thanks,

TravisT

Re: Intake Manifold PC ?'s

I can tell you this.

Unless you are using a texture type powder, any imperfections (scratches, gouges, etc.) WILL show up. Powder will only fill in very minor imperfections.

Comment

Is this the look you are after? PermaStar. Your intake will show the rough finish. I do intakes all the time both new and used and ones that have been on saltwater boats. All the boaters want the candy blue finish or some other color. I will try to find some pics of my Dart intake at it looks nice in candy blue but in the chrome stage the finish looks nothing like the PermaStar.
      Attached Files

Comment

What is permastar? I would love to have my intake look like that. Can you give me more info? Thanks,

Travis

Comment

sand all cast off then do a chrome powder base and clear it.

Comment

Working...
          X