X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bzer1
    replied
    Re: questions on ceramic coatings

I'd actually like to know how to make a tumbler. These things are really expensive and I really need one.

Leave a comment:

• quads
    replied

sorry if i sounded stupid but i asked this question because i really didnt know.now i do and it all makes sence.i want to thank all of you for your replys that helped me understand.

now i would like to know how to build a tumbler to fit headers in and where i can buy the media to put into it.and again thank you

Leave a comment:

• FSTFBDY
    replied

Originally posted by quads
    also do you have to spray the inside of the headers to get the maximum effects of the ceramic coating? thanks again
    In short YES.

If you dont why waste the $$ and time to coat em. I guess if you just want the look and some under hood heat protection your fine. But they can still rust from the inside out. And your not usin the product to its full potential as it was made for.

A tumbler would be easy and cheap to make. Its the ceramic media you need to use that cost the $$$$

Leave a comment:

• ctx97
    replied

yea, would like to know a little more about building a tumbler

Leave a comment:

• quads
    replied

these are all great replys and thank you for taking time out to give me some insite, is there a way to build my own tumbler or is there a place that sells them cheap? also do you have to spray the inside of the headers to get the maximum effects of the ceramic coating? thanks again

Leave a comment:

• hulk30
    replied

this morning i shotted the chromex product on exhaust pipe for testing
    i sended email at 2 members to help me achieve a good job
    the job came out ok
    for the shine i used steel wool gr 0000 and polished the pieces whit white compound and the shine is real good

Leave a comment:

• machone
    replied

For the chrome ceramic, you can either use oooo steel wool, but that's alot of elbow grease, or turn your air down to sbout 15-20 psi & blast it with glass bead. either way turns out good.
    mach

Leave a comment:

• FSTFBDY
    replied

I do Lots of ceramic coatings. Just like Zpider said. Vibratory polisher is needed. You could polish the outside with white rouge and it look good. IF you could get inbetween all the tubes. bt Ceramic was made for a thermal coating not to just look good. So if you dont do the inside and vibratory polish it to burnish the surface you justwasted your time and $ doing it in the 1st place in IMO.

Leave a comment:

• quads
    replied

i also read that you can blast the finish, and then buff out to get the chrome look. thanks for your reply

Leave a comment:

• Zpider
    replied

Only way to polish chrome coatings are a vibratory polisher with a media called Microbrite. By hand, well, maybe for one part regarding test, but not in a business situation.

Yes, you can apply a special coating inside the pipe, to prevent heat transfer even more and increase gas speed, also good for reducing bluening effect on normally chromed pipes....

Leave a comment:

• quads
    started a topic questions on ceramic coatings

questions on ceramic coatings

hi, i have been asked to ceramic coat headers. i know caswell offers the chromex and it looks great, what is the best way to polish this and my other question is, is there a ceramic coating to spray on the inside? i have heard that they spray the inside for less resitance on exhaust flow. is that true and can anyone help me on this? thank you
Working...
X