Boat prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat prop

I know I saw this awhile back somwhere, but I'll be danged if I can find it. Will cure temp damage the rubber inside a boat prop? It seems to me someone has coated them here before.
    Thanx!
    mach
    TSA Custom Metal Finishes
    Live fast, Die sideways

Re: Boat prop

Hi mach,

Yes, I coated one and there was no rubber in mine...
    But here is a link: http://forum.caswellplating.com/show...ne+application

Good luck

frank

Comment

Thanks for the link, but mine DOES have rubber. Anyone coat these with no ill effects?
      mach
      Live fast, Die sideways

Comment

We did a valve cover for a customer who cleaned it himself. 4 rubber seals buried in holes. When it came out of the oven, they had dried and shriveled. Rubber and plastic parts must be removed. They were at the point if they had been in the oven any longer, they probably would start to burn!
        M & J
        Sho Me Coatings
        Mike & Johnny
        Sho Me Coatings

Comment

Got that, but this is unremovable. I was wondering if this type of rubber/application would hold up to the low end of a cure cycle.
          Thanks!
          mach
          Live fast, Die sideways

Comment

Mach, I PC'ed a rear wheel off a Honda Goldwing that has five non removable rubber bushings inside. The wheel went through outgas basecoat clearcoat with no problems. The area was recessed so I cut a piece of high temp insualtion and taped it into the recess to help seal the direct heat from the bushing. Dont know if this will help on your prop but this wheel done fine with no signs of dammage on the bushings.

Jason

Comment

Working...
            X