Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Stickey triger

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickey triger

Anyone having a problem with the (Caswell hobby gun) triger sticking and not being able to turn off the powder stream? I have taken the triger mechinism apart and cleaned it very well, and it works smoothly until I apply powder and it starts sticking again. This unit is about a month old and I have had this problem since day one.

Re: Stickey triger

Yes Ihave had the same problem, Ijust put a drop of WD-40 on it and take the edge of a paper towel to soak up any excess. Works just fine for several batches. Starts getting sticky, I do it again.

Comment

I have taken the triger assebly apart and it works real stiff, as tho there is a rubber o ring in the assembly that is to tight, I dont know if there is an o ring in there, but that is what if feels like to me.
      Thanks

Comment

remove the trigger then remove the nut that holds the trigger in place now slowly pull the plunger out and clean it and the hole it goes in. Put just a dab of vaseline on the rubber O ring and re assemble work the triger back and forth if it still sticks then you did not get it clean enough.

Jason

Comment

Yes, remove and clean. I use a spray on silicon that dries before I reassemble. (I have used oil too)

Comment

I have gotten the triger to work smoothly now, but when I release the triger the powder continues to flow some, is this normal?

Comment

Try to loosen the nut just a little and it should work perfect.

Jason

Comment

That worked, thanks for the help.

Comment

Quick note... I tried cleaning the trigger mechanism and lubricating as stated above and it did help alot, but after several uses it started to stick again. The last time I took it apart to repeat the cleaning/lubricating I took the spring out and noticed how wimpy it was, so I stretched it about 1/4" and put it all back together. It works great now, even after a couple of uses. If the spring starts to compress back down in the future I'll order a stiffer one from McMaster Carr. My gun is a Chicago Electric one but I'm pretty sure this would be the same in the Caswell gun as well. It just doesn't have enough umph to push the trigger back out. Hope that helps.

Comment

Great Point!!

Jason

Comment

I recently purchased a hobby gun....( 3weeks ago ) to replace a Chicago gun as I thought caswells gun would be better.... my very first time using it it had a sticky trigger..... i used it like this 4 or 5 more times and and the problems just got worse.. the trigger now has no effect on the air pressure comming out..... I pulled the trigger apart and cleaned and lubed it all as I have read and nothing stiff the same problem......

I have now gone back to the chicago gun due too the issues with the other.

any help getting it back up and running would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Call Caswells and explain everything you did, and I believe they will make it right for you, They did for me, and they were very helpful.

Comment

Just chiming in that im another with the HV system having issues since spray 1
                          Powdercoat... the other, other, multicolored meat.

Comment

Originally posted by InfernoCoatings View Post
                            I recently purchased a hobby gun....( 3weeks ago ) to replace a Chicago gun as I thought caswells gun would be better.... my very first time using it it had a sticky trigger..... i used it like this 4 or 5 more times and and the problems just got worse.. the trigger now has no effect on the air pressure comming out..... I pulled the trigger apart and cleaned and lubed it all as I have read and nothing stiff the same problem......

I have now gone back to the chicago gun due too the issues with the other.

any help getting it back up and running would be appreciated.

Thanks

Been about a year, No OEM repair for this problem I really liked the quality of the gun except for the trigger problem. Im surprised they dont have a fix by now. I spent alot for the system that I dont use, and would tell others not to purchase. I too used mine once and the trigger was stuck. i dont feel that I should have to take the gun apart like that everytime I attempt to use it

Comment

Clean and lightly lube the trigger... make sure you have enough pressure going to the gun. Mine works fine at about 30-40 psi to the gun.. adjust the pressure down going through the gun with adjuster at the bottom of the gun.
                              If you only put 5-10 psi to the gun the trigger will never work correctly
                              IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X