Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marsfrogie
    replied
    It is easy to tell when the powder has reached its "flow out" point. You cure by timing. You cannot touch the part until it has cooled off.

Leave a comment:

• MarkH
    replied
    great

Is it easy to tell when an area has been cured and can then be touched?

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    Yes, suspending it and moving the lamp around would be best. The powder is very sensitive...you don't want to touch it. It's also easily blown off, so avoid moving air.

Leave a comment:

• MarkH
    replied
    powder?

How sensitive is the powder when curing? After the powder is applied I assume you cannot touch it at all. If I'm doing a frame I will need to move it around quite a bit to cure all sides. I'm wondering if it's best to suspend the frame and just move the curing lamp around - but I'm still wanting to know how sensitive the powder is before drying.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    The lamp is simply providing heat to the metal. If its a flat wide sheet, it
    will heat up quickly, if its a bike frame, a lot of the heat will pass by.
    This can be returned by using a reflector.

Lamps will easily do bike frames and even car chassis. You simply cure 1
    section at a time.

The lamp will do the area a bit bigger than its length & width.

They work like a charm!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarkH
    started a topic Curing lamps

Curing lamps

The closer I get to purchasing your kit, the more I realize that an oven won't suit all my needs. Most, but not all of the stuff I will be doing will easliy fit into an oven. However, there will be large pieces (Vespa frames) that will not.

How effective are these heating lamps? Do you have to enclose them to aviod heat loss? What kind of curing coverage to you get (or, how large an area will the heat lamp cure at one time.)?

Thanks
Working...
X