30-50kv gun problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-50kv gun problems

I just bought the 30-50 kv gun. Im having alot of problems getting powder to come out. I have to smack the cup to get anything. I have adjusted the air flow, filled the cup up a little bit, then half way...still not working right..
    Anyone else experience this? what, if anything fixed it? Thanks for any help.

Re: 30-50kv gun problems

Powderman, The silver screw on the handle. Get a wrench and completely take this out of the gun. You may have to unscrew the the adjustment screw as you loosen the hex nut. When you get it all apart, you will see a white plunger on the end of a small shaft that screws into the adjustment screw. Mine was loose and I had the same problem. Tighten that connection between the two parts up then reassemble. I would screw the adjustment screw into the hex nut before I put the hex nut in the handle. As you start to tighten the hex nut, pay attention to the adjustment screw and back the adjustment screw out if it starts to bind at all. If you do this until you get the hex nut tight. You should be golden. Greg

Comment

the new system is already having problems?
      D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

powderman5000,
        How is the humidity where you are at? I have had the same problem if the powder gets very much moisture in it. Some desiccant bags in the powder will help if that is what the problem is.
        SS

Comment

The humidity isnt bad at all now. Im gonna mess with it tomorrow.

Comment

Had to fix mine as well! when I got it the switch in the back just spun freely. Found it was missing the nut that held it in. When I did get it fired up had the same mixing screw problem. Maybe a little to fast to the shelf....

Comment

same for me
              i had to fix mine
              now the flow is ok, but for the rest that gun work well , better than the E ...gun,on larger pieces,next week i will pc an atv frame
              somebody did it whit the new gun? if so feedback will be appreciate

Comment

Working...
              X