Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racking/Mounting questions

Hello,
    I have had requests lately to powder coat some Intercooler and Intake piping. I am using a standard home oven to cure in and i was curious as to the best way to mount and rack the piping in the oven so i don't lay it down and get lines or anything to that effect. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

racking

I hang everything possible it leaves the smallest marks.
    You can mount some L shaped brackets to the inside of your oven near the top and place racks onto these brackets to gain more room under racks. Place hangers in a spot where it won't show. Place hooks in ends of pipes if you can cause the ends are hidden by the intake couplers.

Comment

I thought about this as well and figured out eye bolts help. I plan on using 6-8 eye bolts attached to the top of my stove. that way I can remove the racks and hang stuff from them as needed but still have the racks for Vavle covers and manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Noob2PC
        I thought about this as well and figured out eye bolts help. I plan on using 6-8 eye bolts attached to the top of my stove. that way I can remove the racks and hang stuff from them as needed but still have the racks for Vavle covers and manifolds.
        I do the same and run wire through the tubbing to hang it from both ends, horizontaly.

Comment

I did my intake tube this weekend and i ran a coat hanger all the way through it and hung it to the rack. It worked great using a coat hanger.

Comment

Working...
          X