Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out what we got a comin' for the shop

http://www.samsoncnc.com/

we're going to start advertising as a Signage co as well. there are endless possibilities!

SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    tyler@swpowder.com
    sigpic

Re: check out what we got a comin' for the shop

awesome!

i don't even want to know what that things costs. the guys on OCC always make neat stuff w/ their water jet machine.

Comment

that looks sick! what made you choose this company and this type (rather than laser or water)? just curious because i'd love to get a sheet cutting cnc at some point down the road.
      Len
      Figure Finishing
      www.FigureEngineering.com
      866-900-4949

Comment

well we considered the actual plasmacam (http://www.plasmacam.com/)
        & torchmate ( http://torchmate.com/) but decided on the samson because it's so purdy! we didn't even look @ water jets or laser because I imagine they are way more expensive than these cncplasma cutters.
        SouthWest Powderworx
        Tyler Nutter
        www.swpowder.com
        myspace/swpowder
        tyler@swpowder.com
        sigpic

Comment

I would like to see one work first.
          Last edited by zoeconner; 08-05-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Nuttyman email me direct sconner@woh.rr.com

Comment

the samson is nice looking for sure! definitely let us know how it works!

i was looking through some of the cnc plasma site earlier, and one - i think it was torchmate - advertised a "laser cut support bed." i found that funny.
              Len
              Figure Finishing
              www.FigureEngineering.com
              866-900-4949

Comment

yeah the Torchmate kit was ~ the same $$$$ as the Samson but the Samson just seems more well built.
                SouthWest Powderworx
                Tyler Nutter
                www.swpowder.com
                myspace/swpowder
                tyler@swpowder.com
                sigpic

Comment

So about how much does something like that cost complete ready to run?
                  I looked at it but did not see any pricing on the site. I don't have the room or money for one, but someday maybe?

If new to CNC plasma, be aware the starter is only good for so many starts and know the limits of other consumables also! I think a friend that cut me some stuff said the starter was good for like 600 starts on his? Starting holes is a bit harder on the torch as it has to blow out the melted metal from a puddle so heat builds up, a cut down a line is blowing it out the bottom already.
                  My friend was not aware of that and neither was I. My parts had many many holes and what he cut for himself plus 50 or so of my parts he burned up his torch. I think he said around $400 or more to replace it. AFTER it was messed up the vendor told him about the starter limits and holes, etc.. and some other things that caused the burnt torch and other problems. Stuff that SHOULD have been included in the manual but was not!
                  It's the pits to burn up a $400 or more part the first week or 2 you have a very expensive tool and then have to wait for new parts to arrive.

I now have my parts cut with no small holes and drill them out on a press instead. When running a new part 1 or 2 parts are made with the small holes as a pattern then the bulk of the order is cut without the holes which are drilled later using the pattern parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X