painting over pc and vice versa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting over pc and vice versa

i am redoing my bike and want to go with a metalic bugundy pc and add metallior pc the burgundy,then paint the gold scqallops. can i do pc for both an pc clear? or pc the burgundy, paint the gold then what do i do for clear?

Re: painting over pc and vice versa

uuuuh. say what?
    SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    [email protected]
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nuttyman View Post
      uuuuh. say what?

Comment

I think he wants to use Burgandy colored powder and add the metalic additive for sparkling colors to do the parts. Then Paint gold designs with normal paints on top of the powder coat. Then clear coat everything.

Could be he also wants to know if he could do the parts burgandy then use gold powder for the designs on top of that, then clear coat.

Don't really know the right answers for what he wants to do, but I think I would burgandy the parts and bake till flow out for about a half cure, then carefully mask out the designs and use gold powder for those, again about half cure. Remove the masking then bake to a full cure.
        Unless the powders used says it needs a clear I would not bother with doing a clear coat.

Depending what kind of parts and the design another way I might do it would be to first coat the entire part in gold and bake to half cure. Then mask the design out so it does not get powder and coat with the Burgandy over the gold, bake to half cure remove masking and fully cure. This way the whole part is gold then covered over with burgandy, except where the masking was for the design which will still be gold.
        Again I would forget the clear unless the powders used say it needs to be cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazin_Jason View Post
          That cat pic is awesome, gut laugh

Comment

Working...
          X