Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pricing help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pricing help

    I really pretty much do automotive parts and dont really have a good idea of how to price simple stuff. What would you suggest for this plate. It would 55 of them, 6"x11", blasted and ready to coat, low gloss black.

    Unorthodox Creations Powdercoating

  • #2
    Re: Pricing help

    $25-$30 each but for that many probably give 'em a deal @ $20 each.
    SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    5054803934
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    [email protected]
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pricing help

      Originally posted by nuttyman View Post
      $25-$30 each but for that many probably give 'em a deal @ $20 each.
      Really that much? Maybe I wasnt clear but it is just the plate you see there. The base its on is plastic.
      Unorthodox Creations Powdercoating

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pricing help

        Can you batch them?? bake a bunch at one time in your oven? I charge by the hr when I do work like that. $45.hr shop rate. If they are allready cleaned, blasted and ready to go, then should be 1- 1.5 hrs to spray, and then bake time. I charge customers the labour time at shop rate, then my oven time is a different rate. $25/hr and usually charge 1 hr bake fee. Takes an hr to heat oven to cure temp.

        My most common work is pieces 3-4 times the size of that panel, but 200-300 at a time. Hr rate works great. I tried the by piece billing but was hard to keep accurate count, and if there was any issues with their product, It was not accounted for with the by piece method.
        Last edited by Banditperformance; 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM.
        Dan Pesonen
        Bandit Powder Coat <<From Powder to Perfection>>
        Forest Grove, BC Canada

        Personal motto:
        "If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pricing help

          oh, the stand is plastic ha. well then I would definitely charge less. probably $10-$15 each but given the amount of pieces I would give a batch rate. We have an hourly rate of $55/hr. I would base the overall price on that.
          SouthWest Powderworx
          Tyler Nutter
          5054803934
          www.swpowder.com
          myspace/swpowder
          [email protected]
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pricing help

            My oven is big enough I can do them all in 2 batches, probably about 2 hrs time including oven warm up. I was think $3 a piece, or about $150. Is that way low?
            Unorthodox Creations Powdercoating

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pricing help

              pretty awesome deal for your customer but hey its good experience and maybe word of mouth will increase your customers...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pricing help

                Originally posted by UnorthodoxCreations View Post
                My oven is big enough I can do them all in 2 batches, probably about 2 hrs time including oven warm up. I was think $3 a piece, or about $150. Is that way low?
                I can fit all of them in one batch and it would still be closer to $10.00 ea. Just because they say blasted and ready to coat is not necessarily true. Just wait until you see some to quote a price.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pricing help

                  i would do them for 10 each
                  remember if some of them get damage
                  you'll have to strip them and re coat ,thats extra time and powder.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pricing help

                    Wow, maybe I AM to cheap LOL. I think $10ea is to much, $5 not bad, especially if they are all blasted. But, look them over first before guaranteeing that price. Also, if there is a "screw up" and one has to be stripped, if it's a screwup you did, it should be on your dime, but if its because of the prep the guy did, then his dime. But I find it best to explain that first, to a customer rather than shocking him with the billl LOL
                    Dan Pesonen
                    Bandit Powder Coat <<From Powder to Perfection>>
                    Forest Grove, BC Canada

                    Personal motto:
                    "If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pricing help

                      $10 each? LOL... You guys would go hungry around here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pricing help

                        Originally posted by CarWiz View Post
                        $10 each? LOL... You guys would go hungry around here.
                        WHats worse, price low, make less, but get return buisness, or price high, once.
                        Dan Pesonen
                        Bandit Powder Coat <<From Powder to Perfection>>
                        Forest Grove, BC Canada

                        Personal motto:
                        "If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pricing help

                          That's what I meant by going hungry Dan. Trying to get $10 each for that plate would drive the buyer to someone else. (You'd end up with no food on the table.)

                          You can't look at national prices and base yours on the same parameters. You need to look at the local market. In some markets, you might get $20-$25 each but that's not going to happen around here. This site is good for getting a range because there's folks from all over but your local conditions may not be the same. Heck; if you're in mid-town Manhattan, you might get $50 each but your overhead will be different too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Pricing help

                            Originally posted by CarWiz View Post
                            That's what I meant by going hungry Dan. Trying to get $10 each for that plate would drive the buyer to someone else. (You'd end up with no food on the table.)

                            You can't look at national prices and base yours on the same parameters. You need to look at the local market. In some markets, you might get $20-$25 each but that's not going to happen around here. This site is good for getting a range because there's folks from all over but your local conditions may not be the same. Heck; if you're in mid-town Manhattan, you might get $50 each but your overhead will be different too.
                            Ohh, LMAO, My bad HAHAHA
                            Dan Pesonen
                            Bandit Powder Coat <<From Powder to Perfection>>
                            Forest Grove, BC Canada

                            Personal motto:
                            "If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X