2-Tone Powder Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-Tone Powder Coating

What is the process of 2-Toning with Powder Coating?

Re: 2-Tone Powder Coating

it depends entirely on what you are trying to coat. is is a flat piece with a fade job or is there embossed lettering or what?
    SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    [email protected]
    sigpic

Comment

One piece we are doing just a straight 2-tone on flat and on another piece we are doing embossed.

Comment

on flat pieces I use a piece of cardboard or something to hold as a mask line to fade & on embossed pieces I sparay the first color, cure fully, cool then spray the 2nd color & with a slightly moist foam brush wipe of the lettering. If the lettering is recessed then it's a different story!
        SouthWest Powderworx
        Tyler Nutter
        www.swpowder.com
        myspace/swpowder
        [email protected]
        sigpic

Comment

are you trying to make solid lines? if so, i've had some pretty decent results with both high-temp masking tape from caswell and i've also had good results with 3M-type vinyl that's used for vehicle graphics and stickers. with both you'll get the best results if you remove the mask shortly after flow-out, then fully cure with the mask off (it's critical to do this with vinyl bc it'll deform with the heat). this will allow slight imperfections in the lines to self-correct a bit (you can still use a razor blade to negotiate some lines at this point, too). if you remove the mask after the bake, you're more likely to get chipping since the cured powder is more brittle, and you can't do any line molesting with the razor blade. do some test panels bc you're gonna screw it up a few times!
          Len
          Figure Finishing
          www.FigureEngineering.com
          866-900-4949

Comment

Working...
          X