Re: pc fryig pan?

Gonna have to go with a big fat no.
        Triangle Musclecar - Performance Powdercoating

Comment

Not disputing you guys, but why no

Comment

I believe it has something to do with the powder not being food grade, and it can go into your food..I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bucky685 View Post
              I believe it has something to do with the powder not being food grade, and it can go into your food..I could be wrong
              That's it. Plus wouldn't a frying paying get hotter than 400? There are FDA approved powders...but I don't know if there is a powder that is FDA app. & take the heat.

Comment

There are food grade FDA approved powders. However, they are for kitchen surfaces and food storage containers, not cooking on.

Comment

before we get to if it should be done... can it be done? can hi-temp powders handle a direct flame or burner? if it can, i don't feel like it'd be dangerous to coat only the outside surface that the food doesn't touch. is cured - or uncured - powder even dangerous to eat? supposedly mcdonalds puts polymers in their milkshakes to thicken them up (which is apparently why they never really "melt").
                  Len
                  Figure Finishing
                  www.FigureEngineering.com
                  866-900-4949

Comment

I wouldn't do the outside either. I had a guy come in the shop wanting to pc some decorative fire rings and grill grates. He was going to get them into the big outdoor stores. I talked with the powder rep and he said it would be o.k. to do the rings, but not the cooking surfaces. I turned the guy down and he went somewhere else. I talked to the other coater last week and asked about them. They went with a high temp coating, Stove Brite from Forrest, supposed good up to 1200 degrees. Guess what, it didn't hold up on either part.

Comment

Working...
                    X