What are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my options?

I have just started to get into powdercoating and I want to do an ATV frame. There is no one close that I know of with an oven big enough to bake this. I was wondering what are my options here.

I was thinking about maybe a rental shop around possibly have a heat lamp or something similar? Any more options I could consider?

Thanks a million!

Re: What are my options?

Where are you located? You can go here http://www.customcoaters.com/ page down and click on your state

Comment

Originally posted by osmondmark View Post
      I have just started to get into powdercoating and I want to do an ATV frame. There is no one close that I know of with an oven big enough to bake this. I was wondering what are my options here.

I was thinking about maybe a rental shop around possibly have a heat lamp or something similar? Any more options I could consider?

Thanks a million!

You could build a oven.....
      Mike

MJM Powder Coating

Comment

The closest place to me is Atlantic Metal Coatings. They are about 2 hours drive away. I could possibly get them to bake the frame for me but transporting the frame with powder on it wouldn't work would it? And I would think that getting a loan of their oven would be out of the question to.

As for building my own oven. I don't think I have the space, money or time. Wouldn't be worried about the space or time but the money problem is nothing I can do about.

Anyone else?

Comment

put it in a box & ship it to SWP! we'll take it from there!
          SouthWest Powderworx
          Tyler Nutter
          www.swpowder.com
          myspace/swpowder
          [email protected]
          sigpic

Comment

I would have someone do it for me. But I have all the tools to do it myself except the oven. I dont want to spend $300 on getting it done when I could do it myself. I just need to find a way to bake it...

Thanks all the same though.

Comment

I would have someone do it for me. But I have all the tools to do it myself except the oven. I dont want to spend $300 on getting it done when I could do it myself. I just need to find a way to bake it...

Thanks all the same though.
              well you're in a pinch there bro! no oven, no cure!
              SouthWest Powderworx
              Tyler Nutter
              www.swpowder.com
              myspace/swpowder
              [email protected]
              sigpic

Comment

There has to be an alternative solution. Is it possible to rent heat lamps or anything that will work the same why? Or anything that will bake it without an oven?

Thanks for the help everyone. I have to find a way to do this asap.

Comment

Search some of the other threads for info on heat lamps. They don't work the same way unless you build an enclosure around them, and even then I don't think it's the same. I've never used one, but they sound like a lot of work to me.

Comment

I have to find a way to do this asap.
                    Take it to someone who can do it for you.
                    SouthWest Powderworx
                    Tyler Nutter
                    www.swpowder.com
                    myspace/swpowder
                    [email protected]
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like my options are pretty much out. If there was a way Im sure one of you on this forum would know.

Is there a way to transport a frame with powder on it? I can probably get access to an oven but getting it there would be the problem in that.

Comment

Working...
                      X