Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best powder for powersports equipment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best powder for powersports equipment...

New to the game here...

What is the best type/brand of powder to use for a dirt bike frame or tunnel of a snowmobile?? Also where to get it from?? Thanks

Re: Best powder for powersports equipment...

I'm a fan of Tiger Drylac, NIC & Rohm & Haas. My first choice would be Tiger products. Try PbtP first. There are others that carry their products but they have the best prices out there. For the snow-mobile parts I would prime them first, probably un-necessary but just in case. You don't need to prime the db parts.
    SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    [email protected]
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nuttyman View Post
      I'm a fan of Tiger Drylac, NIC & Rohm & Haas. My first choice would be Tiger products. Try PbtP first. There are others that carry their products but they have the best prices out there. For the snow-mobile parts I would prime them first, probably un-necessary but just in case. You don't need to prime the db parts.
      Why would you say to prime the snowmobile parts and not the dirt bike parts??

Comment

i guess it depends where the snowmobile will be ridden. if it's ridden on roads where there may be salt based products to melt ice it would be a good idea for corrosion resistance.
        SouthWest Powderworx
        Tyler Nutter
        www.swpowder.com
        myspace/swpowder
        [email protected]
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nuttyman View Post
          i guess it depends where the snowmobile will be ridden. if it's ridden on roads where there may be salt based products to melt ice it would be a good idea for corrosion resistance.

I would say most any snowmobile would be exposed to salt at one point or another. What kind of primer??

Comment

Originally posted by wetdream View Post
            I would say most any snowmobile would be exposed to salt at one point or another. What kind of primer??
            An epoxy powder primer. There are primers with or without zinc, your choice.

Comment

Working...
            X