The John :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The John :P

Hi, my name's John and I've been lurking this forum for awhile now and I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm new to powder coating. Not really new to the idea or method of powder coating, thanks to this site , but more to the actual "doing it" part of powder coating.

I've started a small shop, doing mainly car parts and motorcycle parts, with the occasional boat stuff here and there. I started out small, like alot of guys on this forum, in my garage at home that's packed tight! But, I've been getting more business lately, so I'm now renting a small workshop (like a big one car garage) for cheap! The place even has a full-size spray booth for rent. I'm in the process of moving and upgrading my shop equipment too.

Giant compressor is #1 on my list! I'm getting tired of hualing my home made blast-box, blaster and the rest of whatever else I need, to my friends shop, to use his air whenever I need to clean parts. #2 is a parts washer. I need a more efficient way to degrease parts in a hurry. #3 is a bigger oven. I'll be starting an "oven-build" thread, soon I hope.

Re: The John :P

When I first got a hold of all of the "necessary" equipment, I grabbed whatever was close and coated it!
    Here are some pics of my first pieces...please tell me what you think and voice anything that could be better...I'm sure they're not all perfect

Shop Lamp...Super Mirror Blue

Comment

Paper Towel Holder...Candy Green over Chrome

Comment

VW Bug Oil Block Off Plate...Candy Purple over Aluminum

Comment

SR20 Valve Cover...Silver Vein with Super Mirror Black Letters

I pulled a dumb and taped and cut out the letters...came out nice I think!

Comment

Subaru Legacy Valve Covers...Copper Vein

That's it for now! And is there a way to post all these pics in one post, instead of two at a time?

Comment

looks good bro!
              SouthWest Powderworx
              Tyler Nutter
              www.swpowder.com
              myspace/swpowder
              [email protected]
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X