Candy help/problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy help/problem

Hello, I had a slight problem...I used xtream chrome and lolli red on a auto part, xtream chrome went on great, when I put on the lolli red I put it on to thick...While curing some ran down the part or was to thick and is darker/thicker in a small secton..can a sand a small part off? and put on a little bit of red on top? suggestions...I post a pic in a bit. bad part is part looks great and this is the part that is the top...

Re: Candy help/problem

Comment

you could sand and re coat with L-red but the color will be darker and you might still see the runs anyway
      but since those are small parts you are better off striping them off and starting from scratch.

Comment

Thanks, first problem I had with candy colors...I tried more powder in the cup of the hobby gun, and too much came out...

Comment

The unfortunate part about the hobby guns. You can't go over half a cup of powder and more like 1/3 full. Strip your part and recoat. You will be happier with it.
          Who says you can't teach an ole dog new tricks?

Comment

Thanks guys...I was doing well and I changed how much powder I put in the cup...simple fix.

Comment

Working...
            X