X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JollyCoat
    replied
    Re: What Guns?

I love my King Coat gun and I am using it with a hopper which includes the fluidizing membrane. I have done multipule coats with no problem at all With all the competition in my area this gun has put me on the map !

Leave a comment:

• JTW37
    replied

I guess I should have said a canister, as I'm not saying it is a hopper gun, because it is not. Just a misplaced word. The Columbia gun is what it is, as is the King, Caswell and EW guns. I'm glad you are happy with your Columbia and I hope the support is there. I talked to them as well and have bought from them too. It's kind of like Ford and Chevy, know what I mean? Good luck with yours.

I still maintain, the Caswell is or can be a very decent gun, with the mods. If others are going Pro, then maybe others should look the way of a Pro gun. If not save your bucks and modify.

Leave a comment:

• smokinbird89
    replied

JT, I dont think that Columbia ever implied that it was a true hopper setup. I talked with them several times before I purchased the gun and they told me exactly what to expect. I love my Columbia Coatings gun and cant believe how I ever did without it. I hope that your King Coat gun does as well for you as Columbia's gun has worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• JTW37
    replied

I have an EW gun and a Caswell gun. Both of these I modified and they work pretty good. Be careful with the Columbia gun. It is not a true Hopper gun as it is leading you to believe. Watch the video close. I'm not saying it isn't a good gun, but it is what it is. I currently am testing a King Coat, and am impressed. The powder attraction is unreal. Good customer support.

But as I said, my other guns work very well, with the mods. If you don't want to spend $800 to $900 on a gun, look into the mods, they do help the hobby guns a lot. There is also a thread on making the Caswell gun into a powder pot gun, similar to the CC gun. SO check that out as well.

Leave a comment:

• Luck_E
    replied

I recently purchased the Gun I am very satisfied with this gun. Well worth the price. Easy to operate.
    Last edited by Luck_E; 08-25-2008, 01:52 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Leave a comment:

• Banditperformance
    replied

Originally posted by AloRaptor View Post
    Interesting analysis.Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Hes right. although the Pro guns have better voltage and current control, a Smooth, consistent powder delivery is paramount for good finishes. When using Cup guns on large parts, you get heavy/light spray all the time depending on the level of powder. A hopper, much more consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied

We've doing this since 2003 and it works well, as good of powder delivery as anything out there. There's a description about half way down
    http://forum.caswellplating.com/powd...swell-gun.html

Leave a comment:

• AloRaptor
    replied

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
    If you add a fluidizing hopper and a powder pump even the cheapest of the cheap guns will spray well. It's not the gun it's the powder delivery.
    IMHO
    Interesting analysis.Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied

If you add a fluidizing hopper and a powder pump even the cheapest of the cheap guns will spray well. It's not the gun it's the powder delivery.
    IMHO

Leave a comment:

• modifyd
    replied

Originally posted by smokinbird89 View Post
    I have the Hyper Smooth gun and would never go back to the chicago electric or the caswells 50kv gun again. The Caswells 50kv gun is good for what it is (something to learn the bascis with). The Hyper Smooth gun doesnt spit or pour powder out the end, and it sprays the same if you are holding it up, down or any angle. I love mine and get great results from it.[ATTACH]1175[/ATTACH]
    This is the most helpful post about this gun I've read yet, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• smokinbird89
    replied

I have the Hyper Smooth gun and would never go back to the chicago electric or the caswells 50kv gun again. The Caswells 50kv gun is good for what it is (something to learn the bascis with). The Hyper Smooth gun doesnt spit or pour powder out the end, and it sprays the same if you are holding it up, down or any angle. I love mine and get great results from it.Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Blue Powder 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	127616

Leave a comment:

• kg4mon
    replied

I'm looking at the hyper smooth too. I have the caswell 50k pro gun and its a good gun but it surges and spits powder. I may try the mods first before I buy. I like the videos on the hyper smooth. Looks like a great gun. I would like to hear from someone that has it.

Leave a comment:

• modifyd
    replied

I live about 30 miles from Columbia Coatings and I went and bought the Hyper Smooth gun they sell for 800.00. I am VERY pleased with its performance. You cant find much on it because they are building it and its a fairly new gun on the market. This gun doesnt spit or puke powder like my HF gun did and I cant believe how much powder I am saving. This gun is a great buy in my opinion and for the price you cant beat it.
    I'm interested in this gun as well, any more info you would like to share?

Leave a comment:

• Banditperformance
    replied

I live about 30 miles from Columbia Coatings and I went and bought the Hyper Smooth gun they sell for 800.00. I am VERY pleased with its performance. You cant find much on it because they are building it and its a fairly new gun on the market. This gun doesnt spit or puke powder like my HF gun did and I cant believe how much powder I am saving. This gun is a great buy in my opinion and for the price you cant beat it.
    Got a pic you can post?

Leave a comment:

• smokinbird89
    replied

Last edited by smokinbird89; 07-18-2008, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X