Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermagrfx
    replied
    I would really like to see the finished product, I mean you know a design done in powder coating.............Russell

Leave a comment:

• tbloss001
    replied
    Why not use double sided tape?

It comes on a roll, just like regular tape, but one side is sticky and the other side has wax paper on it. Lay the tape just like you would regular masking tape, then peel off the waxpaper to expose the other sticky side.

Spray your powder, then peel the tape off.
    Any powder on the tape should stay there.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• warchild
    replied
    Designs

I may have a new job comming up in 3 weeks. this guy wants me to powder coat a chooper frame he built in 2-3 colors. starts in a black then breaks to a gun metal and then maybe a brushed nickel. he may change his mind about it. he keeps doing that. but if i get to do it i will send a pic of it to you and post one on caswells site. it will be the bigest thing i ever powder if he lets me do it.

Leave a comment:

• Fireblade
    replied
    Sure, I'd still like to see what you have done. I have some people I do work for asking me for designs all the time, so I will have to give it a shot real soon the way you say. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• warchild
    replied
    I turn the thing i powderd upside down and rub the powder off of the tape with my hand as much as i can then take the tape off while it's still upside down so no powder goes anywere but down on the floor. and everything i have done like this looks good. and i clear coat it all when done like that. and the lines are not bad at all. people pay me good money to powder coat designs on things. i will take a pic of the next thing i do if you still want to see how it looks. but by then you may have powder something like that your self. no one has came to me with anything to powder in over week. im getting board here.

Leave a comment:

• Fireblade
    replied
    You don't have problems of the powder falling off the tape and adhering to the part you don't want powder on? Or when you take the tape off, do you still have a crisp line between what you want and what you don't want coated?

Leave a comment:

• warchild
    replied
    designs

i have no pic's to show you but the way i do it is mask it off the way you want it with any kind of tape and powder coat it. then peel off the tape befor you bake it. i never did put the tape in the oven. i aways took it off befor it goes in the oven. it works out better for me like that.

Leave a comment:

• Fireblade
    started a topic Powder coating designs

Powder coating designs

Has anyone tried doing designs with powder coating? Like flames, etc...I gave it a shot, but had problems with the tape. The edges of the tape would peel back from the "flames" I just put down, allowing the flames to be kinda distorted and not follow the tape lines themselves. Any hints, tips, or tricks?? The tape I am using is the green translucent stuff, 1/8" to do the fine line taping, then fill in pieces for the rest. If you have any experience at all doing this, how intricate of a job can be done, or have you done. I'd like to see some pics of what you have done, just to give me some hopes. I see that some companies are doing it, but I have mixed reviews as to whether it is really powder or airbrushed, then a clear powder on top of the airbrushed design. Any ideas on that? Thanks, if ya got pics, email them to [email protected] please.....
Working...
X