Burnt Orange?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Orange?

I had a buddy ask me to come up with a burnt orange color for his motorcycle.

I havent had any luck so far with finding a color that comes even close anyone have any ideas

I have tried International Orange, and Tropic Orange with no luck

Re: Burnt Orange?

Go to NIC Industries, in the Prismatic Powders section, go to "color charts" and search for copper in prismatic powders.
    There are a few that are "Clear vision" over colors like copper medallion on even better would be over Illusion Copper.
    They might have the look you are trying to get.
    The Clear Vision over Illusion Copper is a super badass color, I would defintely hit it with a clear coat over though, it'll give it some serious depth
    http://forum.caswellplating.com/phot...ry.php?cat=601

Comment

That's funny. I also have a guy wanting burnt orange. I have a sample on it way to me and should be here tomorrow. Don't know if I can get to it for a day or so as I have a bike frame and wheels to do tomorrow with trans blue over chrome as well as Super Charger intake tubes to do. If I can I'll post what I receive.
      Who says you can't teach an ole dog new tricks?

Comment

Nice where did you get your sample from??

Comment

I just PC'd 2 deep sea fishing reels for a guy in Houston. I got the powder from CC and the customer loved it.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by hispowdercoating08; 03-18-2009, 12:21 PM.
          "Tell em I'm comin and I'm bringin hell with me"

Comment

I'm getting my sample from PBTP. Hope to get a sample done in the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by hispowdercoating08 View Post
              I just PC'd 2 deep sea fishing reels for a guy in Houston. I got the powder from CC and the customer loved it.
              What color is that?

Comment

Candy Burnt Orange..a little darker than I would have liked it but the customer wanted it dark.
                "Tell em I'm comin and I'm bringin hell with me"

Comment

Here's a Burnt Orange Transparent I did a on a old Honda 400ex bumper. Figured I do a spray out on a junk part before I did if on a Full Atv Frame and Parts...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is there a metallic in it and where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by XaboveX112 View Post
                      I had a buddy ask me to come up with a burnt orange color for his motorcycle.

I havent had any luck so far with finding a color that comes even close anyone have any ideas

I have tried International Orange, and Tropic Orange with no luck
                      I put down some Jollypop Copper Orange from PBTP and had some nice appearance,..... I did some over Rosey's Extreme Chrome (base) and some over NIC Alien Silver. The Alien Silver made a much nicer base coat, simply making it look deeper and that Sparkle underneath.... Very nice. Doing My 4Wheeler with it.....
                      EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X