Oven Controls Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oven Controls Build

Greg, I emailed you the links but here they are again.

UL 508 Rated Non-Fusible Load Disconnect Switches Products
    or similar here:
    Load Break Disconnects

Factorymation has the door mount kits available now, automationdirect doesn't show them as available.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	128217 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0372[1].JPG
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	140959 Re: Oven Controls Build

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the control box mounted to the oven. I used small standoff or spacers to keep the control box from contacting the sides of the oven. I also drilled a hole in a small silicone powder coating plug to seal the hole for the TC wires entering the oven. Here are the pictures:
      Last edited by ed_denu; 09-09-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0006.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	128218 Re: Oven Controls Build

The picture of the standoffs:
        Last edited by ed_denu; 09-09-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

where is a good place to pick up a good box to start with?

ive seen the ones on Auberins but doesnt look to special. Still have to make a mounting plate inside and all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by burn504 View Post
            where is a good place to pick up a good box to start with?

ive seen the ones on Auberins but doesnt look to special. Still have to make a mounting plate inside and all of that.
            New enclosures can be rather pricey. We have a liquidator nearby called Mendelson's in Dayton. They have probably near a thousand old enclosures and panel boxes to choose from. I would look at ebay, craigslist, flea markets, etc.

Comment

how do you know what size disconnect to use?

Does it carry the load of the whole unit or do you only run the low voltage stuff through it? PID, Lights, Fan....etc(110v).

Want to incorporate the load switch/disconnect into the wiring diagram you send me.

Seems if it carried the load of the whole unit then i need a 80-100amp one but if not then?

Comment

Originally posted by burn504 View Post
                how do you know what size disconnect to use? It needs to be sized based on the amperage draw of the oven.

Does it carry the load of the whole unit or do you only run the low voltage stuff through it? PID, Lights, Fan....etc(110v). Everything is controled by the disconnect.

Want to incorporate the load switch/disconnect into the wiring diagram you send me. I believe every schematic I produce has a disconnect in the circuit.

Seems if it carried the load of the whole unit then i need a 80-100amp one but if not then?
                You need to give me the specs for your oven. Because of the limitiations on saved pm messages I cannot save every message or response.

Comment

ill pm you

Comment

I am looking for a basic controller. Does not need to have a timer or that kind of stuff. Just very basic. Turn it on and off and give me a temp reading and have a interior light. I am doing a 3.25x3.25x5.5 with 2 3000 what elements

Comment

This should be a sticky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctnightster View Post
                        This should be a sticky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yes,... it should.... Bossman,... Can you sticky this one? ( or whoever Icaswell is)
                        EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

I used the same Green lighted switches as you did but i can only get them to light when the switch is off

Comment

Apparently when Caswell installed the new forum software most of the verbiage and photos describing my build were lost. I'm in the process of recreating it once I dig out and update the description along with the photos. Thanks for the interest. Ed

Comment

Ed,

Thanks, that would be great.

(on edit) 1st post in this forum and I registered back in '09... wow

Comment

Thanks Ed_denu, reposting this is a great help! I was in fact looking for this info and because of the site changes it make it impossible with my older saved links.

Comment

Working...
                                X