Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet metal in Houston

Hi everyone,

Do any of you folks live here in the TX area and purchase your sheet metal locally? I am trying to find out where to get sheets of sheet metal from that's not too crazy in price. I called one place in katy and it was $80 a sheet. I had no idea these things were that expensive.

Thanks..

Suck it up, Buttercup... But I will say you should balance what the cost of building your own oven is compared to buying a prebuilt... Still a huge savings if you can do the electrical without paying someone else to do it.

If it were me I'd find a place that buys in bulk and see if I couldn't buy some of their stock... say an AC duct building facility or something of that nature... Some will be able to give you a decent price that way... or see if you can find someone that typically sells to bulk buyers and get them to add a couple of sheets to an order and let you buy those extras... There's a way... I used to buy stuff by adding onto another persons ticket as well... just wasn't sheet metal.
    EMAIL scottrodspc@gmail.com

Comment

Also Try Cragslist for things like that... I've seen people selling 10 sheets of 20 gauge Staiinless for 40 bucks a sheet... A "STEEL" of a deal!

Comment

Cool, appreciate the feedback. I just didn't know the cost of sheetmetal since I have never had to purchase before.

Comment

Sheet metal can be expensive... If you get what you WANT vs what will work.... sometimes it even gets scary...

Comment

Working...
          X