Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Sheet metal in Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet metal in Houston

Hi everyone,

Do any of you folks live here in the TX area and purchase your sheet metal locally? I am trying to find out where to get sheets of sheet metal from that's not too crazy in price. I called one place in katy and it was $80 a sheet. I had no idea these things were that expensive.

Thanks..

Suck it up, Buttercup... But I will say you should balance what the cost of building your own oven is compared to buying a prebuilt... Still a huge savings if you can do the electrical without paying someone else to do it.

If it were me I'd find a place that buys in bulk and see if I couldn't buy some of their stock... say an AC duct building facility or something of that nature... Some will be able to give you a decent price that way... or see if you can find someone that typically sells to bulk buyers and get them to add a couple of sheets to an order and let you buy those extras... There's a way... I used to buy stuff by adding onto another persons ticket as well... just wasn't sheet metal.
    sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Also Try Cragslist for things like that... I've seen people selling 10 sheets of 20 gauge Staiinless for 40 bucks a sheet... A "STEEL" of a deal!
      sigpic

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Cool, appreciate the feedback. I just didn't know the cost of sheetmetal since I have never had to purchase before.

Comment

Sheet metal can be expensive... If you get what you WANT vs what will work.... sometimes it even gets scary...
          sigpic

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X