Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

Feedback on oven build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on oven build

I am in the process of building an oven for powder coating. My plans are to make the inside dimensions 6ft x6ft x 10ft. Some questions I am working through are, insulation and heat source. What are some suggestions for insulation. Standard fiberglass with no backing or mineral wool. The bigger question is heating. I would like to use natural gas. I have some high intensity infrared that would get me 270k btu's I would love to use these but I have no experience using them in this type of application, all I can think of is the parts heating unevenly. If the IR can be used what would be the best positioning of them? Should I still use a fan circulation.? Is this just a stupid idea and stick with electric? The construction and controls I have figured out, basically the heat source is my biggest hold up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X