Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Cartridge heating elements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartridge heating elements

Does anyone have experience using Cartridge heaters as their elements for powder coating oven?

similar to this;
    Bundle of 12 - 14 1/4" ACROLAB 609BDE 240V-1000W (K08) Cartridge Heaters: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Any opinions?

Comment

Really need more details than the link provides. Are they designed for submersed applications? if so, they won't last long in a dry environment like an oven. There has to be more info on them to help work out whether it's a good idea or not.
      sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Not much info on that other link, so I attached the following on Watlow Firerod Cartridge heaters.

Really appreciate the help!!

*** Make sure you click on the line that says " Watlow FIREROD Cartrdige Heaters"
        FIREROD Cartridge Heater line from Watlow provides superior heat transfer, uniform temperatures, resistance to oxidation and corrosion.

Comment

Still too much to sift through... Can you give typical application info and recommendations per Watlow? they have pages and pages of possible part numbers, wattages, lengths and diameters... none tell you whether they are capable of Free-air application... If you send Watlow your request, they will tell you whether this is a good application or not... 12000 watts of heat sounds good in theory for a decent sized oven... but gotta ask the right questions of the manufacturer or seller in this case... My quick read didn't pull up any info that suggests these fire rods are made for free air application... I suspect they are designed with heating liquids in mind... I could be wrong though. Just not as familiar as I'd like to be. If you do come up with more info, please share... I'd like to know too.
          sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X