PID selection guidance needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID selection guidance needed.

I've been looking at PID's online (e-bay) and I'm quite overwhelmed at the amount of options available! What are the basics that would be needed to run an oven? Manual/auto? Dual digital? I planned on using an SSR rather than contactors as they seem to have a greater switching capacity. Basically for ease of ordering/shipping/price I've narrowed it down to mypin, sestos & rex.
    I'd like to order from one of the vendors that has the PID, SSR, thermocouple & heatsink packaged as a kit (assuming that they must work together)

Any direction would be appreciated!

Re: PID selection guidance needed.

Before you order a packaged set of components be sure the components are capable of handling your element requirements(amperes). As for a recommendation I wouldn't recommend any of the cheap Asian junk pids. You would be better served to find a decent used Watlow,. The model 93's and SD31's work well. The current offering EZ-Zone PM's also work well for ovens.

Comment

So for an oven being @32"x32"x60" I figure 2/3000w elements are going to draw @27a. So a 40a SSR would be ok? That's the only item where current draw is an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by FasYankee View Post
        So for an oven being @32"x32"x60" I figure 2/3000w elements are going to draw @27a. So a 40a SSR would be ok? That's the only item where current draw is an issue?
        That's correct, a 40A relay would be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X