recirc fan ducting question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recirc fan ducting question

Ok, I was going to just build my oven on the cheap, but logic (and ed's suggestions) have won me over.

I will be adding the window, recirculating fan and ordered an aubers PID.

Now to the question regarding the fan:

The walls of the oven are metal 2x4 studs. I plan on mounting the dayco fan at the top of the oven and using 2 studs to channel the air to the bottom. The studs have holes in it which I assume are designed for running wires through. I was thinking of using metal ducting tape to cover the holes in order to keep the air from leaking out of the channel into the insulation. Would this work? Or will the heat from the oven affect the glue on the tape?

Re: recirc fan ducting question

I'm not sure I could answer this question accurately, but I wouldn't take the chance. Why not just cover the holes with a little of the excess sheet from the oven build. Just cut to the width of the stud and rivet in. It sounds like the build is going forward well.

Comment

Lol....see, now why didn't I think of that! Perfect, I have a bunch of scrap sections of the 2x4 that I could chop nice little hole covers out of. The tape seemed like an easy peel & stick remedy......

And yeah, slow but sure it will get done. Right now I'm waiting on the electrics, and have been browsing others builds on here. Little cues like the one guy who hung his elements on the side with 4x4 boxes, rather than had them up. I'm also planning on possibly shielding the elements with louvered panels. I'll see how it runs first, I can always add them later if necessary.

Thanks again Ed!

Comment

Yeh rather do it proper, I started out asking around for old household ovens.... I think I'm looking at about £700-800..... plus what I need to pay an electrician, but it will all be worth it in the end. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X