almost done with build..couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost done with build..couple questions

Ok just about done with my 4x4x6ft oven. Built put of stainless steel. Form the seal around door I see people used rivets, do you also use some type of glue or sealant on back of the fiber rope? Also for elements, when you drill trough the inside of oven are you using an electrical box on between inner and outer panels? Also are you using conduit for wire run or just using high temp wire? Hoping to have this wrapped up by weekend.

Re: almost done with build..couple questions

No real need to use sealant on the door gasket. Once closed it will press the seal tight. As for wiring elements, here's what I did but there are probably other ways that work also. On the inside of the oven I drilled holes in junction boxes and mounted the element ends in the jb. I have a junction box on the outside of the oven and rigid conduit with connectors between both jb's. Use hi-temp wire between the outer jb and the inner and connect to the elements. Place a little insulation in the conduit between the jb's to prevent heat transfer. Continue using conduit from the outer junction box back to the control box, either rigid or flex. Hi-temp wire is not necessary once outside the oven shell.

Comment

Thanks Ed, hopefully I can finish her up this weekend.

Comment

Post some pics when you are done

Comment

I definitely will do that. Just need to find time to finish.

Comment

Working...
          X