Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Idea -building An Oven From Cement Board

Im using the following Parts.

2 Old Metal Cabinets. Remove front from one and Back from other. Put together and rivit into one piece

Elements and controlls from 2 Ovens That way I can have one set or both sets going at same time for more or less heat.

Wonderboard. Will be using Wonderboard for the insulating material. Will screw in place rom inside the oven

I will end up with a 5 1/2' tall 36' x 36" oven that will fit most of what I want.

all I have to do is figure out how to vent it... up or sideways?

Yeah, Im still around

Comment

Originally posted by bluegiller
      ....................................The Heater I have a LP forced air 175k-350k, Boink only has a 125k and his comes up to temp within 12 minutes, so I'm kinda wondering how I can fix my problem with the flame going out when it's located against the oven hole..?

I haven't had a chance to make an extension tube for the end of the heater or a deflector for the air control for the inside of the oven, this is my next step.

Thanks in advance for any help.
      I put a metal piece through the board... I'll have to get a pic up for it.... it allows some of the unheated air coming out of the heater to bypass the oven. that may have something to do with it.

I did get it sealed up, but have not tested the temps yet. I think it will work better if you put some type of heatsink directly in front of where the heater comes into the box made up of some steel plates or rebar welded to some plates. It would serve as a diffuser as well as something to absorb some of the heat and hold it (when you open the door)

I've got some bigger pieces to do in the next few days... I'll get some recordings on the temps.

Comment

Just pulled this off of USG's website that makes Durock brand cement board "What is the maximum temperature that DUROCK? Brand Cement Board can handle?
        DUROCK Brand Cement Board can withstand temperatures of up to 175 degrees F." So using it just by itself without insulation on the inside of the oven might not be the brightest idea.

Comment

I'm eager to see more pics of your oven boink, you speak of reflective furnace board...I googled it and found nothing of the sort

Comment

i would also like to see more of your setup. this is just what i wanted to ask about the hitting that good old search paid off again. could you let us know where your venting from and where your heater is placed
            D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

Originally posted by Bud
              Just pulled this off of USG's website that makes Durock brand cement board "What is the maximum temperature that DUROCK? Brand Cement Board can handle?
              DUROCK Brand Cement Board can withstand temperatures of up to 175 degrees F." So using it just by itself without insulation on the inside of the oven might not be the brightest idea.
              Hardy backer board has a fire rating of 1600 farenheit.
              www.TxPowderCoating.com
              832-818-3905

Comment

Working...
              X