Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burner box

Hi
    I have a 375,000 btu burner and was wondering if any one has built a burner box for their oven? or if anyone has some ideas.
    Thanks
    Joe

Re: Burner box

Electric is best... but, what kind of burner is it?
    Designing a heat exchanger isn't a simple task..

Comment

It is a Maxon. i allready have ducting in the oven for good cross flow. just need to keep the flame out of the oven.
      Thanks
      Joe

Comment

Is it an end shot burner, if it is do you have the profile plates too.
        Or is it a jetted tube style?

Comment

It's the tube style. allthough i think it might be too much for my oven. my oven is 3feet by 5 feet by 7 feet. but i have a 12 inch motorized damper installed on the oven (thinking it could let some heat out.) i could control it with a prosses controler and a thormolcouple. maybe?
          Thanks
          Joe

Comment

It's way to big for the oven and it wouldn't be very effiecent...I think I would reconsider using it.

Comment

I built a 6x6x8' with an 800,000 btu burner and a 6 inch motorized damper with no exhaust fan. I would say use the maxon burner with a process controller. Just make sure you have your gas train in good working order. I had my metal guy build a seven ft. long by two ft high by 8 inches wide 1/8 inch plate steel burner box that I mounted inside and then through the wall attached the burner. It is designed so that the burner is mounted to the bottom and it shoots across and the reverses 180 and comes out a 7"x7" hole above the burner. Two section I guess you could say. I ended up wraping the outside in Kaowool to keep the radiant heat inside. There isn't a whole lot of info on burner box design but, if you think in terms of say, an oil burner, all they really use is a big molded piece of Kaowool to shoot the flame into the boiler. I am looking at adding some ducting to the walls and a fan at the top rear to circulate better. Then I could wall the burner box up to the ceiling. Sorry about the length, cofffeeeeeee.ee.e.e.ee.e..!!!

Comment

Well i got one put together and fired it up. WOW pt got to 400 degrees in 8 min. !!! now i have to wire up my controler to try to control the heat. i didnt let it run long though. i will see what the max temp go's to today. by the way, i built my rack out of 1inch and 3/4 inch water pipe and put steal casters on it to roll into the oven, works great. i will try to post pics of my equipment later today. thanks for the info
                Joe

Comment

I'd like to see a pic of the burner box. I will get one of mine and post it.

Comment

Working...
                  X