50 amp contactor number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 amp contactor number

Hi all,new to the forum and building my first oven.I'm in need of a 50 amp contactor and remember seeing a source for one but can"t seem to find it.Does anyone have a source and number?You guys have been a fantastic resourse.Thanks:

Re: 50 amp contactor number

This is the web page but it will not come up right now keep trying its from famous parts thats where I got mine it works fine.
    http://www.powdercoatoven.4t.com/Index.html

Comment

And by the way welcome to the forum it's the best.
      Double check on Garys site when it comes back up but I think with out going and checking part numbers this is the one.
      http://www.famousparts.com/c25bnf240aco.html
      40amp motor
      50amp resistance
      Last edited by mikekozura; 03-28-2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hiya,i see the contactor suggested is a 40 amp motor,50 amp resistance.I was told my four 2550 watt elements will pull 47.5 amps.Will said contactor work for this?I'm a little on the ignorant side when it comes to this stuff,but man am i getting an education.From insulation on down to wiring this has been a learning expereance. THNX

Comment

Don't worry about the 40amp thing thats not you. For the elements it's 50amp... Now you got 2550x4=10,200 divided by 220v = 46.37amp or if your voltage is 240 it will be 42.50amp either way you should be good. If you want to make sure and you already have the elements and a d.v.o.m take a ohm reading of the elements and use this ohms law calculator. We'll get you through it to dude. This is cool I feel like I'm back in voc-tech man that was a long time ago. You can e-mail me or just keep posting. Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...en/ohmslaw.htm
          Last edited by mikekozura; 03-28-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Just to make sure i got this straight,the 40 amp contactor will serve my purposes,right?I was thinking about useing two twenty five amp contacts but would rather use one if possible.I cant believe how much the price jumps going from a 40 amp to a 50 amp.

Comment

When it says 40amp motor thats for a electric motor that runs at or less then 40amp but pulls more on start up.Your not controlling a motor. you have heating elements thats resistance. You should be fine. But the only way to make sure is to test your voltage see if its 220v or 240v and the true ohm reading of the elements not the rated watts on paper. Again it should be fine.

Comment

Now i understand.thanks

Comment

Cool I just saw the light go on. LOL LOL Just call dude someone on here will help. Remember about that only question thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X