3 phase 240volt wiring for elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 phase 240volt wiring for elements

Hey guys, been awhile since i been in the forum. Im building another oven, trying to do a 4x4x6 box with (6) 3000W elements. I want to wire them 3 phase since thats what our shop has. Need help with the actual wiring of the elements and what do you guys think the amperage would be? The oven we currently have runs a 50amp 3 phase 240 volt service breaker. I see that some of the ovens on the market say 18K watts and only needs a 40 amp breaker. Any help would be great. My email is [email protected]

Have a great day all!!!!!

Re: 3 phase 240volt wiring for elements

18KW is probley 480 volts 3 phase, I just bought one like that and converting it to 240 single phase, Had to rewire the elements,Change the fan motor and put heaver contactors in.

Comment

thanks...we have 3 phase 240 volt here...was trying to get the wiring for doing that with the 18K of elements installed...already have the digital controller and the oven built...need to know at 3 phase 240 volts what amperage is needed to run 18K in elements and how to wire the 6 elements

have a great day

Comment

you need to conect the elements in delta, 3 groups of tho elements wired in series,then conect the 3 groups in delta. each two series element forming a leg of a triangle or delta. is a lot simpler to draw a schematic. hope you understand me,my first language is spanish.
        I have a little shematic for you,email me at [email protected].

Comment

ahh thats asuming each element is 120v each,if 240 it has to be connected in pararel instead of series. each leg of the triangle is 240V.

Comment

you need to conect the elements in delta, 3 groups of tho elements wired in series,then conect the 3 groups in delta. each two series element forming a leg of a triangle or delta. is a lot simpler to draw a schematic. hope you understand me,my first language is spanish.
            I have a little shematic for you,email me at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
            X