Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie and new oven dreams

hi all
    i am in the process of building an oven 4'w-6'd-6't. i got 8 heating elements that are 2600w each and am wondering if it will be overkill to put 4 elements on each side or if i should go with 3per side?? will this run on one 220 line or will i have to have one side with 4 elements on a 220 with 50amp breaker and other side on different line. i am going to have all sides, top and bottom insulated minimum of 2" thick and 20g galv sheating inside and out. also i am wondering about prepping the parts. is it necessary to clean the parts with an acid or solvent before applying the powder? any suggestions on coating guns and powder suppliers would help a lot as well. i am going to be coating mostly motorcycle parts, some gas grill parts, rod iron railing,fencing and some small aircraft parts as well. i have read through the threads on this fantastic site many times and there is a wealth of info here from some very nice and knowledgable people. i thought i hit the lottery when i found it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you
    ron

Re: newbie and new oven dreams

http://caswellplating.com/powder/index.html

For powder coater guns and powder.. I will buy the powder and powder accessories from this site if it is available. I figure it is the least I can do for all the info that is available on a forum hosted by caswellplating. They are hooking us up with a place to get info and share info so i figure return the favor.

Comment

well skooterbum the math that i come up with is if you use all eight elements on 1 source line it will draw 94.5 amps. if you can split it that will bring it down to 47.25 amps per side. that is a large draw. the following thread will help you size the elements to the oven. http://forum.caswellplating.com/showthread.php?t=4740
      i put in 400 degree rise in temp and good insulation and came up with 8438 watts needed. that would mean you would need 4 of your elements. that equates to 47.27 amps draw on 1 source line. hope this helps bro. if you need more info just ask.
      when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
      G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

hey guys thanks for taking the time to reply. i really appreciate any help you can give. i will get my coating equip from caswell and i will build my oven to the info given from pickelboy and cordcutter. thanks again guys, all this saves me from making big mistakes and saves the dough for my bike project!!!!!!!!!

Comment

glad to help out bro. dont hesitate to ask anymore questions.
          when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
          G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Working...
          X