Fan Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Placement

Okay, I have a 4'x4'x8' oven, laying down so it's 8' wide. The door is on the front. I'm running 3-3100W elements, have a 1 1/2" piped vent, and need to place my fan in it. The fan is an 8" blade, with a 1550RPM motor (I think I ordered one way to big).

What is the best location to put it?

The burners are all on the bottom, mounted to the back wall.

I hope to have this thing done next weekend, and I'll get you all some pictures.
    The information you all have given me is very much appreciated, the forums here are awesome by the way...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Fan Placement

If your oven has a side door I think the best place would be on the wall opposite to the door, so after your bake cycle is complete you can open the door and leave the fan on for a faster cool down. You should place the fan high and vent the air low because hot air rises. I am no expert but I hope this advance helps

Comment

Talking about venting the air low, as in how?

Maybe I've went about this wrong, but I put the fan in there only to circulate the air, it doesn't take it from the top and put it in the bottom. Or are we on different pages here?

The piped vent is just for fumes, etc. to exit while in the curing stages.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Okay, I'm finishing my oven this week.
        Hopefully tomorrow night, minus the complete wiring but I have three questions I need answered before I can complete it.

1) Where do I need to put the circulating fan?
        This fan will not be taking air from the top to the bottom, but just spinning inside to keep the air moving.

2) What size of pipe do I need to use for ventilation?
        This will just be stuck out of the back with what looks like an 's' shape vent so it isn't directly at the top of the oven and letting the main area of heat escape.

3) What kind of electrical wire should I use to wire the burners?
        They will have 2" of mineral wool around them with how they are going to be routed.

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done!

Comment

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted. I've got the wire ran to the elements and the oven in enclosed now. I need some help as to what I need for the thermostat, etc.

I'm running 3-3100 watt elements.

I'm not that great with electrical components but have done home/garage wiring. Part numbers would be great along with where to get them.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
          X