Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contactor and Thermostat

Originally posted by mikekozura
    Dude, listen to Gary he's the powdercoat oven big dude. If it was'nt for Gary the Binford 5000 may have never been born. LOL LOL My first search ever on the internet last year I typed in powdercoat oven and there it was.
    Heh! I wish I could find my own site that easy!
    Gary Brady
    www.powdercoatoven.4t.com

Comment

Gary,
      I just want to say "Thank You" up front. I asked this question a few months ago when I had time to start building and then I got slammed and just now getting back to finishing it up. The information you provided is very helpful. I will get the stuff needed and may be messaging you for a little more info.

What gauge of wire did you guys use that runs to the elements?

Comment

Originally posted by itsallgood
        What gauge of wire did you guys use that runs to the elements?
        example:

14awg = 15amp
        12awg = 20amp
        10awg = 30amp
        8awg = I can't remember(more than 30amp)

3300watt*220v = 15amp so if you would run a separate set of wires to each element you would only need 14awg. But like my old Voc-tech teacher told me over wire and under fuse and you'll never have to sleep with your boots on. I wired my four elements two and two so I ran two sets of 8awg (four wires) only need 10awg but over wired to 8awg. If you use the contactor from Gary's site you have lots of room for wires on the load side.

Keep the wires out of the heat

Hope this helps Happy New year.

Comment

Originally posted by itsallgood
          I will get the stuff needed and may be messaging you for a little more info.
          Feel free to.
          Gary Brady
          www.powdercoatoven.4t.com

Comment

Okay, just wanted to make sure I ran big enough wire to each of them.
            I ran a seperate set of wires to each element, each wire was 10 ga. so I should be okay. I'm going to pick up a contact locally tomorrow so I can get this thing wired up. I have 4 complete quads to powdercoat, and only one of them being mine. I've coated several things in my fat oven (they are side by side) but nothing that I can do a frame in, but that was almost 2 years ago. Where are you guys buying your powders in small quantities from now days (10lbs or less).

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X