Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on using a commercial pizza oven to bake powder coated parts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on using a commercial pizza oven to bake powder coated parts?

I've been lurking here for a little while and finally decided to join. I've noticed that there are a few Fiero owners here, and it was referred to me by one, so it can't be all that bad.

OK, let's get too it: here's what I know:

"Used Pizzamaster Harvic electric countertop pizza oven. Timer and heats to 700 degrees. 120V. 22 1/2 inches deep x 22 inches wide x 18 inches high."

The lady that's selling it is looking to get $125 for it.

So my idea was that to start out with, having a commercial pizza oven with the center removed (or not depending on what I'm doing) that I could plug anywhere I needed it into 120v would be a unique way to start building a powder coating business. At this point, I'd be looking at building a reputation with a particular auto group and expand from there.

Because most of the parts I can think of would fit nicely into this device, it has a timer, and is a nice solid appliance (I assume), it has a lot of appeal to me.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on using a commercial pizza oven to bake powder coated parts?

Main thing is if it gets hot enough and holds the heat, also if the tempature is fairly steady and accurate.
    Picture looks like some wide gaps around that door, maybe an illusion?
    No window in door so you'll have to open it everytime you need to look at the parts or check temps inside.

Other than that if it works and is big enough for your parts I guess it should work ok.

Also though, many things like that are not insulated very well, so lots of heat is lost to the room and can burn when touched. Like some kitchen Crockpots or deepfryers, toaster ovens, etc... The outside gets just as hot as the inside.

Nice thick looking walls on that oven, but I have seen other type pizza ovens that have like a fire brick type lining that absorbs heat to provide a more steady even heat all the time, it takes along time for those to cool down, not sure how fast they heat up. The idea is for all day use someplace selling pizzas all day, so the oven is turned on once at opening time and off at closing. Doesn't matter that way if it takes a long time to heat up or cool down, the idea is to hold a steady temp for many hours of use.
    I don't know how this little 2 or 3 pizza oven is made to work. Might want to check that.
    If it takes an hour to heat up and 2 hours to cool off would it suit your needs?

Comment

Re: Thoughts on using a commercial pizza oven to bake powder coated parts?

Awesome response! Looks like I might better look for something a little more practical. In the long run, the cost of using something like this vs a nice large electric oven might not make sense. Thanks for taking the time to share this view point.

Comment

Working...
      X