Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

Oven Building Material Links

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oven Building Material Links

thanks ed this helps

Comment

Auber Instruments.
      K Type Thermocouple w/ 6" (150 mm) Probe
      $13.50
      Universal 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller Model: SYL-2362
      $41.95
      40 amp dp contactor

Home depot
      roxul
      Special Order
      struts and studs

Granger
      High Temperature Blower 1TDV3
      Coupling, One Piece Clamp, Bore 5/16 In

McMaster Carr
      Trolley for Strut Channel Zinc-Plated Steel, 100#Cap, 2 Holes, W/Eyebolt Hanger sku# 3626T16
      Pull-Action Toggle Clamps sku# 5071A52

Heat-Resistant Glass Ceramic .197" Thick, 8" X 8
      Sku 84815K53

Fiberglass Flange Mount Seal 5/8" Bulb Diameter, 1-1/8" Overall Width sku 8815K26

geekbros .com
      oven elements
      44X5099-454811 2700 watt ge fi
      3000W
      250V
      Ul e65554 listed
      Vendor SKU: ERB44X134

Comment

Not sure if this will help you (location wise), but I found two sources in the southeast for mineral wool insulation. If I remember correctly they offered it in 2, 4 and 6 inch thicknesses. The sheet sizes were around 3 x 4 and it came 4 sheets to a bundle. I still have some in the shop, I can verify the measurements.

I replaced the insulation between the panels on my large oven when we were reassembled it. I bought enough to go with the home make oven that we are working on. Lucked up on a industrial kitchen oven in a junk yard.

I bought it from a Dry Wall company out of Atlanta “Capital Materials” . They had it in stock and shipped it to a store closer to me and I picked it up.
        I later found another company “Shook and Fletcher” who also cares it.

If any ne is interested in additional info just let me know.

Comment

I see where the use of high temp MG wire is needed to go to the oven elements, but do I need to run this expensive wire all the way up to my controller or can I run it a couple of feet out of the oven and then spice it into some regular wire that goes to the control box. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by corybarta View Post
            I see where the use of high temp MG wire is needed to go to the oven elements, but do I need to run this expensive wire all the way up to my controller or can I run it a couple of feet out of the oven and then spice it into some regular wire that goes to the control box. Thanks
            In the proper box this is completely acceptable.
            sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Digital Timers - Two good timers that work well within an oven control box are the Omron H3CA-8 or the model B2E-2R-220 timers from ebay seller mixtea.

The Omron's can be found used on ebay often for around $30, or from the Omron site for $65. The Chinese models are $29.

Both have two sets of output relays. The Omron has a somewhat manual control setting with a percentage countdown display while the Chinese unit is totally digital.

Comment

In doing a little browsing on ebay and other site’s recently I’ve found quite a few(some new) options available to oven builders. Here is a list of some new and old components that will work well for an oven controls build.

PID Controllers:

While I still like the Watlow controllers best for reliability and function, there are quite a few other options available today. That being said one still needs to do some research before ordering.

Watlows – These are top of the line controllers that can come configured many ways so be certain to examine the complete model number(model numbers denote the internal configuration). The models that work well for oven s are SD31, 96xx 93xx. There are newer models out also that I haven’t researched so there are certainly others.

Omron E5CSL – I don’t have hands on experience with this controller, but the instructions are very well written(atypical of most Asian offerings) and this unit appears to have all the capabilities required to manage a PC oven.

Old standby’s: All the older model pid’s such as the TET-612, JLD-612, TC-408 work fine as a basic controller for powder coating ovens. These controllers, unlike most of the new models can operate either an ssr or contactor(mechanical relay).

SSR’s:

I’ve used the Fotek models for awhile and I’ve never had any problems with them. A good source is the ebay seller ‘mixtea’ from HK. I’ve had items arrive at my door 8 days after ordering. He also carries reasonably priced heat sinks, or you can go with a computer type heatsink/fan combo.

Contactors:

A cheap place to get contactors is the online seller ‘pt1racing’. He has many models for around $10 with free shipping. They are made in China.

Another source for reasonably priced contactors is ‘Famous Parts’ although I’ve found their customer service to be lacking.

Elecdirect.com is yet another source.

Whichever source you choose, look closely at the coil voltage and amperage requirements to insure that you get a model suitable for your intended use.

Alarms/switches:

Automation Direct offers an 120V alarm/flasher that works well($8.50)

Auber Instruments offer a nice line of switches and buzzers at various prices.

Power Blocks:

Automation Direct offers a wide selection of power blocks such as the model PB1043 ($20).

Elecdirect.com also has a good source of power blocks that come in single pole configurations. Multiple units can be snapped together to support the number of poles required($8.65). They also carry hi-temp terminals.

Timers:

Omron – The H3CA-8 timers work well, have 2 sets of relay contacts and can be found on ebay at reasonable prices, or new at the Omron site for around $65.

Sestos B3S or B2E timers from various ebay sellers. While the instructions are minimal they are fairly easy to decipher. A good source again is the ebay seller ‘mixtea’. Both these relays have 2 sets of output contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Noob2PC View Post
                    US Source for Roxul Mineral Wool (14 states)

Allied Building Products: Products & Services

96 Square Feet, 2' x 4' x 2", 12 pads, $24 per bundle check for local location and call
                    NOTE: Apparently Product ID 69785030 no longer available

Comment

Looked this up today. 4-27-2012

McMaster-Carr - 24 x 48 x 2” - $11.10 sht

Comment

Special Order link to HD page- The page cannot be found 4-27-2012

We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found. The page has either been removed, renamed or is temporarily unavailable.

Did find this info on Roxul RockBoard : Roxul RockBoard® if you want to take info to HD and request Special order - Good luck on that.

Lowe's info: Shop Roxul 8-Pack 47"L x 23"W x 3"D Stone Wool Insulation Batts at Lowes.com

You'll have to check for availability at a store near you.

Hope this helps

Comment

Here are some few link for turbo oven reviews. Try out

Choosing Turbo Oven and Infrared Ovens

Choosing Turbo Oven and Infrared Ovens

For more information about turbo oven Click Here

---_________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Riverboatman View Post
                            Special Order link to HD page- The page cannot be found 4-27-2012

We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found. The page has either been removed, renamed or is temporarily unavailable.

Did find this info on Roxul RockBoard : Roxul RockBoard® if you want to take info to HD and request Special order The link for the form to special ordering from Home Depot does not connect any longer. But I inquired at the contractor desk in a nearby HD and was told it can be special ordered. - Good luck on that. Don't know why you feel that way as I've ordered Roxul and other items and always received them fine.

Lowe's info: Shop Roxul 8-Pack 47"L x 23"W x 3"D Stone Wool Insulation Batts at Lowes.com

You'll have to check for availability at a store near you.

Hope this helps
                            The link for ordering Roxul Insulation at Lowes with free delivery to the store still works fine for me.

Here is the link for Lowes online ordering:

Shop Insulation & Accessories at Lowes.com
                            Last edited by ed_denu; 09-02-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

UK Builders!! I haven't ordered yet but this looks like a good site for MG wire (450c)

Simple ordering instructions

Heater connecting wire

Comment

Working...
                              X