Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Anodizing

Hey guys,

For about 9 months now, I've been working on and off on coming up with a way to selectively anodize an image with photo-like quality.

I've attached the result below!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7758m.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	131932

The light in the center is the flash from the camera. As you can see, there are still some things that have to be corrected, and I know what to do to make it look flawless. However, before putting any more time into it, I was wondering, what do you guys think of it? If I were to offer a service where you ship your unsealed anodized piece to me, I mask it and I ship it back to you, would you be interested? what about if I sold the materials and details on how I did this?

So far I've only tried black and purple, but all the other colors should work too. I also haven't tried multiple colors since it would be too expensive. I outsource the anodizing and dyeing to an anodizing company, and I only apply the mask. Then, that same company removes the unnecessary dye and then seals my aluminum sheets. Therefore, as you can see, I really need your feedback before going through this inconvenience while researching.

Another thing I'm working on is an inorganic black dye that can last 20+ years in the sunlight, takes a few minutes to apply, and can maintain the same shade of black even on coating thicknesses less than a 0.3 mils.
Working...
X