Tissot pocketwatch replating needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tissot pocketwatch replating needed

I have four "new" Tissot pocketwatches that had initials engraved thru the gold plating (and into the brass case). The ages range from 8 years to present. The older watches are showing signs of brass corrosion due to the plating having been pierced by the engraving. Looking for someone with experience to solve this cosmetic problem, probably by brush plating over the existing engraving to act as an atmosphere seal for the brass. These were gifts to my four grandsons at their births. Any ideas welcome! Suggested sources for repair welcome! (See attached pic)
    Attached Files

Re: Tissot pocketwatch replating needed

I can carry out this repair for you by electro cleaning the tarnished brass and brush plating 24ct gold over the top to re-seal the engraving.

Comment

Re: Tissot pocketwatch replating needed

Originally posted by goldie plate View Post
      I can carry out this repair for you by electro cleaning the tarnished brass and brush plating 24ct gold over the top to re-seal the engraving.
      Thanks for the note. Another source has already completed this job. However, I would appreciate having a quote and contact email from you in case I need some rework. I am at [email protected]. I can give you more info on the completed repair if you wish.

Comment

Working...
      X