Rechrome exhaust on an'86 Suzuki Intruder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the good responses...

I've been out of town for a few days due to a funeral in the family. But, anyway. I have a search on ebay for exhaust pipes for my bike. I did see the ad on there about parts to fit my bike, and yes I did inquire about exhaust pipes-no luck!

Also whenever I see someone selling engine parts that will fit my bike, I ask if the exhaust pipes are available.

I am still interested in knowing what kind of heat shield can be built to cover up the inferior problem I am having. If anyone can build me something that I can bolt/mount on without too much difficulty, I am interested.

Thanks to all that have responded,

Don

Comment

One other item...

The person that's painting my bike does not have a digital camera, so no pics from him.

I usually go to the town where my bike is located every few weeks. I'll take my camera with me, and I'll get some good pics to post.

Don

Comment

Don,

The offer still stands by me, I just need the pipes so I can get the bends exactly the way they need to be. The sheilds will cover just the couplen and blend into the larger section of the pipe. Unless you have a idea of your own, besides it is your bike, and I am offering my help to get you what you like for you new bike.
        www.chrome-plater.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by fly

PICKLEBOY!!!!!!!!! you wouldn't happen to know of a basket case (shovel, pan, or KNUCKLE) just laying around, I am looking for another project.
          Hmm !!!!!! Another project.. I got more than i can handle ...

Comment

Originally posted by fly
            PICKLEBOY!!!!!!!!! you wouldn't happen to know of a basket case (shovel, pan, or KNUCKLE) just laying around, I am looking for another project.
            hey fly i will check in to one i know of and see if he still has it. it is a basket but complete 64 pan/shovel fl. i will let you know.
            when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
            G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Another project for someone...

I also have another Suzuki that I am going to get from the same person My Nephew) I purchased my VS 700 from. I don't know that much about it, except he was going to do the same thing to this bike, as he was going to do to the bike I bought. Since I purchased the VS 700 from him, he was going to take this other Suzuki, and pull the engine, and make a go-cart out of it. He says the only thing wrong with it, is that the owner before him used "brake fluid" for clutch lubricant, which of course burned up the clutch. I don't doubt him, that it does run good.

I haven't looked at it too good, and he has pulled some parts (exhaust pipes, and some othe misc. items), but I believe all the parts are there to put it back together. Also, don't quote me, but I think it is a 650. I'm not sure of the year, but the overall condition looks to be better than fair. The color is green, and it is a tripple cylinder.

I talked him into selling it to me before he had a chance to get it torn completely apart. Plus, when he started taking off pieces he ran out of gas, which means he didn't get too many parts taken off, before I convinced him to sell it to me. He says he has the title to it (I haven't seen it), but I do believe he has it.

Is anyone looking for a project like this? If so, I'm going to go get it, and bring it home, so I'll know what it's going to take to put it back together. Then if anyone is interested, I'll be able to give you some detailed information, plus some pics of the bike.

I live in Kansas, if this helps (or not) with your decision,

Don

Comment

Working...
              X